Position: Full-time employee at Cerulean Blue
Cerulean Blue is a fast-growing B2B and B2B2C company in Web3 with an upcoming token launch and plans for strong community components. We’re looking for an NFT-savvy marketing chief to head up our Marketing & Community team. This is a hands-on role where you will be responsible for all facets of our company’s marketing operations and oversee a small team.
Unlike many consumer-facing companies in Web3, the emphasis here is on cultivating and nurturing business relationships. You’ll need to have a strong background in working with brands and speaking the language of business.
The Director is responsible for the definition, development and execution of our go-to-market plan, B2B marketing strategy and community growth. This includes data mining and research to identify business prospects, targeting both business publications and online communities to reach them, creating collateral and digital content to inform them, holding webinars/video chats to stoke their interest, and creating online communities to keep them engaged.
Cerulean Blue is a young, multifaceted global company that’s focused on bringing technological innovation to the NFT marketplace, centering on two big ideas: making it easy for any brand to launch an NFT marketplace and ensuring secure transactions through encrypted content as a way to reduce fraud and piracy. We build custom stand-alone NFT marketplaces and we curate partner content as part of our upcoming discovery portal for discovering high-quality NFTs.
You and your team will work alongside innovators, creatives, problem solvers and collaborators who are passionate about helping to lift all boats in the Web3 ecosystem. We already have two major clients and a pipeline to a number of large brands.
Salary range: Six figures per year (depending on experience)
Bonus: Token award under our token incentive plan.
Benefits: The company honors all holidays, vacation requirements and other work arrangements that apply to each employee or contractor in their home nation.
Hours: 40 hours per week, with flexible hours.
Work is remote. We’re a growing, talented team that works collaboratively using Zoom and Slack in a fun, fast-paced environment while keeping focused on our big vision. Team members are located on five continents. We prefer someone in the Western hemisphere.
The Director of Marketing and Community is responsible for leading and contributing to internal efforts and projects that drive revenue growth. The Director will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for the development and management of broad-based B2B marketing programs, implementation and results. This person will manage marketing efforts for brand position and awareness. He or she will manage lead generation, website development, content curation/creation and sales collateral. This high-impact role will work across functions and, interact with clients, influencers and key stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a positive, hard-charging, can-do personality, have a background working with brands in a B2B marketing role, and understand the opportunities ahead in the Web3 and NFT landscapes. We take community seriously and want to engage supporters rather than “market” to targeted audiences.
We’re looking for a creative, high-energy, data-savvy, people-loving Director of Marketing & Community to help spur growth, drive brand awareness and execute digital campaigns for our company. The Director will be in charge of our marketing and communications strategies.
You’ll report directly to the CEO and initially start with a social media manager, content creator and community manager on your team. (Only one of these positions has been filled.) While you’ll manage a small team, this is a hands-on position rather than a supervisory role. We are also working with one of the top Web3 marketing firms to get us to launch, so you’ll be in charge of managing that key relationship as well.
• Planning: Create a multifaceted go-to-market plan and long-term marketing plan.
• Growth: Work with our business leads, product development and tech team to drive growth in numbers of clients onboarded (B2B) as well as drive increases in traffic, sales and conversions (B2B2C).
• Campaigns: Plan series of B2B campaigns that leverage internal resources and other stakeholders.
• Strategy: Work across departments and with partners to devise and iterate planning around our upcoming token release, including driving community awareness and engagement.
• Content: Design editorial/content marketing strategies across multiple channels and media formats and set short-term goals.
• Brand voice: Identify and recruit a team member to become the voice of our brand via a podcast, appearances on Twitter Spaces or Clubhouse, etc. At the same time, you’ll be the chief spokesperson for the company.
• Build relationships: Foster relationships with key partners, influencers and community members.
• Plan content: Oversee production of high quality, engaging, original content, videos and NFT resources.
• Recruit partners: Uncover opportunities to partner with other companies, DAOs or organization and to hold joint events.
• Market research: Hire researcher/contractor to identify high-prospect verticals to prioritize. Create ongoing A/B and multivariate testing programs.
• Analytics: Own our internal analytics. Take leading role in establishing key metrics and producing analytics reports with a goal of optimizing company growth. Deliver advanced analytics capability to generate insights and enable data-driven decision making.
• Reporting: Create and maintain dashboards to analyze marketing and sales activities, develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
• Email marketing: Work with internal stakeholders to craft content for newsletters and email marketing campaigns.
• Creative: Work with Creative Director to finalize branding and to provide creative guidance to our online marketing efforts. Execute memorable campaigns to build brand awareness.
• Event planning: Work with other team members to create a series of regular online and IRL events and drive awareness.
• B2B marketing background
• Knowledge of what resonates with the NFT and Web3 community
• Market research and campaign planning
• Leadership skills in managing a marketing team
• Entrepreneurial, innovative mindset with internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines and work across department lines
• Successful track record in creating marketing pipeline generation, including managing campaigns from concept to ROI analysis
• Ability to serve as the company’s chief spokesperson
• Ability to own the brand’s positioning and public messaging
• Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• Demand generation & lead conversion
• Community building, including overseeing staff responsible for managing Discord and social media
• Content generation strategy across multiple channels
• Sales & business acumen
• A-B testing or multivariate testing
• Analytics, KPIs, metrics & familiarity with CRM systems
• Oversee, manage and create content to support events and webinars
Nice to have
• Experience with growing a token community would be great, though not essential
• Familiarity with the art world, game world or fashion world
• Connections with decision-makers at leading brands
• Experience with SEO and keyword targeting
Please send a resume and 3-4 paragraphs explaining why you think your work experience and skills are a good fit for this B2B position to:
Get in on the ground floor of the most exciting launches in Web3 this year! This is an amazing role with a chance to work with a fast-growing tech startup alongside an amazing group of smart, friendly people. We are a growing team of global innovators and developers who are working together in a fun, collaborative online environment to make Web3 accessible to the masses. We’re starting with an SDK (suite of tools) that enable creators and brands to build their own custom NFT storefronts with secure content. Cerulean Blue is backed by some of the largest crypto funds, and we have the chance to become one of the major players in the space. Come join us!
Cerulean Blue believes that diversity and inclusion make workplaces stronger. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law. We are looking to recruit others on the team to reflect this mindset and philosophy.